Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quick & Tasty Tortellini Soup


With my husband home sick today I knew there was only one option for dinner...soup! Soup is by far my favorite food. As soon as the weather starts to get cold, I look forward to the warmth and comfort that comes in a bowl of great soup. You can look forward to many easy soup recipes in the weeks to come. Tonight I had to make due with the ingredients that I had on hand so this soup is unlike any I've made before. By sauteing the vegetables in olive oil first, I was able to cut my cooking time down in half. Also, using pepperonis for the meat make this soup "quick and tasty". Top it all off with freshly grated parmesan cheese - yum!
Quick & Tasty Tortellini Soup
1 lg. carrot - thinly sliced
1/2 onion - diced
2 tomatoes - chopped
minced garlic
2 cans chicken or vegetable stock
1/4 c. pepperoni slices - quartered
salt/pepper
1 tsp. italian seasoning
15 oz. fresh or frozen tortellini
parmesan cheese

In large pot, saute carrots, onion and garlic until tender. Add tomatoes and stock and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Add pepperonis, seasoning and tortellini and simmer for 5-10 minutes more. Top with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment