Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Apple Crisp


On Halloween Ryan and I went to pick apples at Emma Krumbee’s Apple Orchard. We were so happy because we actually got to pick them from the trees! Half of a bushel later, I realized that Ryan and I will be getting more than our apple-a-day. I turned to your cookbook, not sure if you even had a recipe for apple crisp – and you did! I chose that particular one because it called for oatmeal and I like my apple crisp with oatmeal in it. Of course I had to add a couple of things: craisins which I re-hydrated, orange zest and pecans for the topping. The recipe was easy and delicious!! I highly recommend the craisins for a cran-apple crisp. They were nice and tart! Our dessert was as sweet as our victory over the Packers – go Favre!!
Apple Crisp
6-8 Tart apples peeled, cut in 1" chunks
1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
3/4 C. Flour
3/4 C. Rolled Oats
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
6 Tbls. Butter
Zest of an orange
1/2 C. Craisins re hydrated in orange or apple juice

Heat oven to 350. Toss apples with cranberries and orange zest and fill buttered pan. Blend remaining ingredients and crumble over top. Bake 35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Please bring some by at work for the rest of us to enjoy. And how about the Vikes Victory on Sunday! Go Vikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. replica bags forum fake hermes h6x01l9e81 replica bags nyc 9a replica bags replica gucci y2z28p7d85 replica bags koh samui replica bags reddit page e1q71v6d57 replica bags in uk

    ReplyDelete