Monday, November 9, 2009

Pepperoni Ravioli


There are days when I don't have a lot of time to get dinner on the table and so I have a handful of semi-homemade recipes that I make in 20 minutes or less. This recipe is something I made up in college because it was quick and the ingredients are all staples that last for quite a while in the fridge. Tonight I used ravioli but I also like bowtie or penne pasta with this sauce. Add garlic bread and your vegetable of choice and you have a healthy and filling dinner in a snap.
Pepperoni Ravioli
9 oz. fresh or frozen cheese ravioli or tortellini

3/4 jar spaghetti sauce - my favorite is Barilla
3/4 c. quartered pepperoni slices
1/2. sm. onion diced
1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (optional)

1/2 tsp. basil

1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
Parmesan cheese

Coat saute pan with olive oil and cook onions, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Add pepperoni, sauce and seasoning and simmer 10 minutes. Add cooked noodles and toss with parmesan cheese before serving.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY!!! This is going to be on our menu this week!

    ReplyDelete