Sunday, November 8, 2009

M&M Cookies

We spent the weekend Up North at my parents' house where the kitchen is packed with home-cooked foods and happy people. Staying there with family and friends is the perfect balance of relaxation and pure chaos. While we're there my mom makes most of the food and my dad makes sure no one goes hungry. : ) This weekend I was able to make a couple of family favorites that I know you will like too. There is nothing better than warm cookies to fill a room with the smell of home. These M&M cookies are the perfect treat. They differ from chocolate chip cookies in that they have crisco instead of butter. The crisco makes a very different cookie texture. The end result is a soft and chewy cookie. Paired best with a glass of milk!
M&M Cookies
1 c. crisco
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. water - not sure why this is necessary but I always do it : )
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. + 4 Tbls. flour
2 c. M&M's
Beat crisco and sugars until creamy. Add remaining ingredients in the order given. Bake at 375 on an ungreased cookie sheet 10 minutes.
(I always take my cookies out before they look done and let them sit for a minute on the cookiesheet before moving them on wax paper or a cooling rack to cool. )

No comments:

Post a Comment