Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ham & Hashbrowns

What to do with leftover Easter ham?? I started thinking of all the possibilities a couple of weeks ago and got so excited. Split pea soup...omelets...leftover ham sandwiches...yum. Then my week got busy, I didn't have my menu planned out, and I needed to use my leftover ham in a hurry. With only a short window of time to cook in, and no plan, I threw together this ham and hashbrown casserole. It was no split pea soup but it was a comforting casserole during a hectic week which was perfect.
Ham & Hashbrowns
1 lb. shredded hashbrowns
1 1/2 c. cubed ham
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. milk
1 can cream of celery soup
salt/pepper
small onion, diced
1/2 c. sour cream
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake at 375 uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment