Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lemon Rosemary Chicken


After enjoying a wonderfully roasted turkey this past Thanksgiving, I wondered why I utilize this method of cooking only once a year. Lemon Rosemary Chicken is my way to enjoy roasted poultry all year long. I prepare this bird in a similar way that I do turkey, but because of its small size it is much easier since I can marinade in a plastic bag. I pour chicken broth in the bottom of my roasting pan which helps keep the chicken moist and gives me a base for a quick gravy after my chicken is done roasting. When you try this dish, you will find that lemon and rosemary are a chicken's best friend.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
zest of 1 lemon
juice from 2 lemons
rosemary - 3 sprigs
1/4 c. olive oil
3 Tbs. minced garlic
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
1 whole chicken 3-4 lb
1 3/4 c. chicken broth
Combine lemon zest, juice, rosemary, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a gallon size ziploc bag. Add chicken to the bag and marinade 4-6 hours or overnight. In a small-medium roasting pan place chicken on roasting rack and pour 1 c. chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Bake covered at 350 F for 1 1/2 hours. Then turn the heat up to 425 F and bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes.
Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment