Sunday, January 17, 2010

House Salad with Pancetta & Pears

Confession: there are times when I feel a little un-inspired in the kitchen. Ninety-nine percent of the time cooking and baking is my pastime, my personal therapy, my passion, my fun. But once in a while it will lean in the direction of a chore. (Do not be worried, these episodes do not last long!) At any rate, tonight we will feast on my go-to meal for when I want something fabulous in less than 15 minutes. I mix every vegetable I have on hand with a bag of lettuce and top with a good dressing. This salad dressing is my co-worker's "house dressing" and after he shared it with me it became ours. It is light and tangy and keeps well in the refrigerator for weeks. I'll list all of the ingredients we used tonight, but anything goes...be as creative as you'd like.
House Salad with Pancetta & Pears
Butter lettuce blend
Cucumbers, sliced
Cherry tomatoes
Frozen peas (they only take 5 minutes to thaw)
Canned chick peas (rinsed)
Cooked pancetta
Pear, sliced
Pecans
Parmesan cheese
House Dressing
Wisk together:
1/3 c. seasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbs. dijon mustard
2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil


No comments:

Post a Comment