Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Orange Smoothies

I am guessing many people already have the mock Orange Julius recipe but if there is just one person I reach who does not, sharing this recipe is worth the effort. (Also, maybe you have this recipe and have forgotten how great these orange smoothies really are.) We usually have these with breakfast for the holidays and we also like to have them for a night-time treat. I tried to spruce the original recipe up a bit but adding cream and orange zest. My advice to you is not to go there - the original recipe is better and easy. If you keep orange juice concentrate in your freezer than you will probably have all the items you need for a winter-pick-me-up in a glass.
Orange Smoothies
6 oz. frozen orange juice from concentrate
1/3 c. sugar
1 c. milk
1 c. cold water
1 tsp. vanilla
12-15 ice cubes
Add all ingredients to your blender and mix until smooth. (Easiest recipe I've posted thus far.)
Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment