Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken & Mushroom Fettuccine

I've made several versions of Chicken Fettuccine and I have never found a recipe that is good enough to be one of my standards. I have a Taste of Home cookbook that pulls together recipes that people have sent into the magazine over the years. I like this cookbook even though the food is usually nothing fancy but I figure if someone took the time to write it in to be published that the recipe has to work for their family. This pasta dish was so easy and very tasty. I love that the sauce can be made in the same time it takes to boil water and cook your pasta. I baked some chicken last night and had it already shredded and ready to go. You could also use canned chicken breast if you really wanted to simplify this meal.
Chicken & Mushroom Fettuccine
(Adapted from Taste of Home, The Busy Family Cookbook)
8 oz. fettuccine
1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 Tbs. butter
1 c. shredded chicken
3/4 c. milk or half & half
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat salted water in a large pot and boil pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, in a large pan, melt butter over medium-low heat and add minced garlic and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, milk, pepper, parsley and Parmesan cheese and cook on low temperature until heated through. Add cooked pasta to white sauce and serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese.
Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment