Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chicken Salad Croissants

I think this chicken spread is for a croissant in the same way that butter is for bread. I can not think of anything I would rather enjoy on a soft and flakey croissant. If you are making this for a group of people a rotisserie chicken works well for your meat. In this case, I wanted to make a little different sandwich to pack in our lunches for work so I used canned white chicken breast. (I keep canned chicken breast in my pantry solely for this recipe.) I scooped the chicken salad and placed it between two leaves of lettuce so that my croissant would not get soggy during the day. Give your sack lunch a facelift with this yummy chicken salad croissant!
Chicken Salad Spread 
small can of white chunk, chicken breast
3 Tbs. onion, diced
salt/pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika or "Salad Supreme Seasoning"
1 Tbs. roasted red pepper, diced
1/4 c. Miracle Whip dressing
2 Tbs. shredded cheddar cheese
Drain chicken and shred with a fork in a small bowl. Add onion, seasoning, red pepper, dressing and cheese and mix well. Refrigerate. Serve on croissants, bread or a wrap.
Tip: If you like a little crunch, you could also add a little diced celery.
Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment