Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oreo Truffles


With Christmas only 9 days away...I feel very behind on my Christmas cookie baking! My plan is to make one "goodie" a night for the next week and I should have all of our holiday favorites covered. I am starting with my personal favorite: Oreo truffles. The first time I bit into one I was amazed that with all of the rich chocolatey-goodness, they still only contained three ingredients! These can be frozen and should always be stored in the refrigerator to keep them tasting fresh. Santa enjoys these best with a tall glass of milk.
Oreo Truffles
(1) pkg. oreo cookies
(1) 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
(1) pkg. vanilla flavored almond bark

Crush oreos in a large food processor or large stand mixer. Add cream cheese and mix until well blended. Refrigerate dough approximately 2 hours. Roll into small tablespoon size balls and place on waxed paper and refrigerate another 2 hours. In a double boiler, melt almond bark and dip chilled oreo balls until well coated. Place on wax paper and cool. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment