Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Grilled Turkey Club w/ Caramelized Onions

As my drive home from work became longer and longer from blustery conditions I realized I would not be making it to the grocery store as I had hoped. I mentally started going through the items that I had in my pantry and refrigerator and came up with a grilled turkey club and hash browns for dinner. It is nothing fancy and I hesitated even posting it, but not everything that comes out of my kitchen is pretty. This sandwich was, however, one of the tastiest I've ever made and it was all due to the caramelized onions in balsamic vinegar. If you don't recreate this sandwich, please try the caramelized onions on your next creation.
Grilled Turkey Club
Sliced turkey meat
Bacon slices, cooked
Pepper jack cheese slices
Whole wheat bread
Avocado, sliced
Tomato, sliced
1/2 Onion, sliced
1 Tbls. Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
Olive oil
Salt/pepper
Lightly coat small saute pan with olive oil and heat onion on low heat with sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Meanwhile butter one side of each slice of bread and place buttered side down on a medium high fry pan. Top bread with deli meat, bacon, cheese and sauted onions. Place the other piece of bread on top and grill both sides until golden brown. Before serving add avocado and tomato slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment