Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisps


This was my favorite Christmas treat as a kid. (I'm sure this had a lot to do with the fact that they were so easy to assemble that my mom let me make them by myself!) These chocolate peanut butter crisps are easy enough for kids yet sophisticated enough to share at an office Christmas party. I like that you can make these days ahead of time and they keep well in the refrigerator. The best part of these candies is that you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry to make them tonight!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisps
1 box Wheat Thins crackers
1 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
6 oz. chocolate flavored almond bark
1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips

Spread each cracker with peanut butter and place another cracker on top to make a small "sandwich". Melt chocolates in a double boiler and dip prepared crackers until well coated. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and let cool.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous17/12/09

    This recipe reminds me of the bars either Grandma or your Mom used to make with Saltines at the bottom and Chocolate Chips and Butterscotch? Chips melted on top. I remember sitting at the table in the kitchen eating them- they were my favorite!
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17/12/09

    Yes, I love the saltine cracker bars - I'll make them this week so you can get the recipe.

    ReplyDelete