Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Simple Grilled Cheese


I am sure you are questioning me right now. Grilled cheese Elizabeth? You are blogging about grilled cheese?  I know there is hardly anything interesting about grilled cheese. But the fact is, we all make these wonderfully simple sandwiches every now again. My husband would (sadly) eat these every week if he could. I do a few small touches to my grilled cheese to make it stand out above the rest. I start with sourdough bread - good quality sourdough. Then I use a mixture of cheeses - havarti which melts in your mouth, Swiss for a stringy quality and American for the taste we all love. Lastly I give the bread a kiss of garlic by lightly rubbing a clove over the bread for a unique grilled cheese experience.
Grilled Cheese
sourdough slices
havarti, sliced
Swiss cheese sliced
American cheese, sliced
butter
fresh cracked pepper
garlic clove cut in half
Take each slice of bread and lightly rub the cut side of a garlic clove over one side. Next butter the garlic side and lightly sprinkle with black pepper. Set griddle pan to medium-low heat and place a slice of bread, buttered side down. Next layer the three different cheeses in amounts to your liking. Add the next slice of bread on top of the cheese (buttered side up). Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden
brown.

Printable Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment