Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

Oh how I have missed blogging! The first couple of days I did not blog I felt a bit of relief since I gained more time in my evenings to get things accomplished. But there is something about staying in a routine that is so comforting to me. I wake - I think of food - I work - I think of food - I cook - We feast - I blog (Repeat).  This routine is pretty simple but it feels good to get back in the swing of things. This beef stroganoff was by far Ryan's favorite meal that I have made in a very long time. I have to agree with him. The earthy flavors of onions, mushrooms and beef are given the chance to truly develop after slow-cooking together and then at the end they are touched with a bit of sour cream for a surprise tang.

Beef Stroganoff
1 lb. stew meat

8 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbs. shallots, sliced
15 oz. can beef broth
salt/pepper
1/2 tsp. steak seasoning
4 Tbs. flour
3/4 c. sour cream
egg noodles
Parmesean cheese (optional)
In a heavy casserole pan add stew meat, mushrooms, shallots, seasoning and broth. Bake covered at 350 for 90 minutes stirring occasionally. After cooking for 90 minutes, add flour and stir well. Place back in the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes. Next add sour cream and cook an additional 5-10 minutes. Serve over cooked pasta. Top with shredded parmesean.
Tip: This recipe could also be prepared in a crock pot.

Printable Recipe

4 comments:

  1. Your back!!!! YEAH!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous15/3/10

    as in you're?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/4/10

    I made this recipe the other night and my family that was in town loved it!! Thanks so much for this wonderful blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! Glad they liked it!

    ReplyDelete